12.3. Adjustment of a cowl
Before installation of a new cowl it is necessary to rearrange some elements from old. First of all it concerns rubber buffers. In a closed position the gap between a cowl and forward wings, and also between a fairing under a windshield has to be uniform and make about 5 mm. Edges of a cowl on height have to be flush with the top edges of wings.
SEQUENCE OF WORKS
1. For adjustment of installation on length weaken the moment of an inhaling of bolts of fastening of a cowl to loops.
2. Shift a cowl in the necessary party. Not to scratch the painted surfaces, enclose fabric under cowl corners from a windshield.
3. Side adjustment is carried out by means of a careful podgibaniye of loops.
4. If it does not help, modify installation of a cowl.
Fig. 11.3. A clamp (1) on a cross-piece and a lock bracket on a cowl have to enter accurately when closing each other. For adjustment of installation of a cowl on height rotate bolts (2) fastenings of rubber buffers in the relevant party. For check of a gap use the suitable plastic weight (plasticine, putty)
5. For adjustment of installation on height turn or unscrew rubber buffers 2 (fig. 11.3) on a forward cross-piece that edges of a cowl were flush with the top edges of wings.
Fig. 11.4. For adjustment of a bracket (1) of the lock on a cowl weaken the moment of an inhaling of a lock-nut (2) and rotate a bracket in the necessary party
6. If clamps of the lock do not enter accurately brackets of a cowl or opening of a cowl is considerably complicated, adjust brackets on height. For this purpose weaken the moment of an inhaling of a lock-nut of 2 (fig. 11.4) and rotate brackets in the necessary party, trying to obtain necessary installation.