5.1.9. Belt of the drive of auxiliary units
Check of a belt of the drive of auxiliary units
Fig. 4.24. Natyazhitel of a belt of the drive of auxiliary units: 1 – quencher of fluctuations; 2 – natyazhitel; 3 – spring; 4 – nut
The belt of the drive of auxiliary units on the working party has several V-shaped flutes preventing slipping of a belt. Depending on that, the car is equipped with the conditioner or not, the belt has various provisions and schemes of the course. At first precisely define what belt is used in your car. The tension of a belt of the drive of auxiliary units is not checked, on all engines it is automatically supported by a roller with spring adjustment (fig. 4.24). On forkamerny engines on the lever of a natyazhitel the additional quencher of fluctuations is established. The belt of the drive of auxiliary units has big service life.
SEQUENCE OF WORKS
"30 000 km every year"
1. Switch off ignition.
2. Mark a belt of the drive of auxiliary units chalk in well looked through place (fig. 4.25).
3. Turn on the gear shifting lever in neutral situation, put the car on the parking brake. Turn a bent shaft by means of a face key 27 before emergence of cretaceous marking on a belt. Rotate the engine only clockwise!
4. Turn a bent shaft completely several times.
5. Check an external surface of a belt. It should be replaced if you found the following defects:
– uneven wear tracks at edges of a belt;
– a porous surface or the formed "fringe";
– cuts on a belt;
– traces of oil or fat.
Replacement of a belt of the drive of auxiliary units
SEQUENCE OF WORKS
1. Note the direction of the movement on outer side of a belt a felt-tip pen. If you incorrectly put on a belt of the drive of auxiliary units, it will result in its bystry wear. At installation of a belt pay attention to that belt flutes precisely entered grooves of pulleys.
Fig. 4.26. Natyazhitel of a belt of the drive of auxiliary units: 1 – the lever of a natyazhitel with an opening; 2 – lock-nut; 3 – tension spring; 4 – pulley; 5 – pulley lever; 6 – quencher of fluctuations
2. On all engines, except CDI: turn off a lock-nut of 2 (fig. 4.26) in the place of fastening of a spring.
3. Insert mount from above into the lever of a tension of a spring 1 and wring out it so that it was possible to take out the fixing bolt.
4. Remove the lever.
5. Take away a pulley 4 a little back and take off a belt of the drive of auxiliary units.
6. On engines CDI: throw with a Torx-key (E10) a pulley and turn it counterclockwise (fig. 4.27) before weakening of a belt. Take off a belt of the drive of auxiliary units.
7. Pass a belt between a krylchatka and a casing of the fan and remove it. It is possible to disconnect a fan casing from a radiator and to take out a belt.
8. Check a condition of pulleys and clean them. Pay attention to a side play of the directing and natyazhitelny pulleys.
9. Check wear of a belt and clear it of dirt.
Rupture of a belt of the drive of auxiliary units
If during the movement the red control lamp of a charge of the accumulator lights up, then the break of a belt can be the cause of it. Often at break it is possible to hear bump on metal in a motor compartment.
The movement cannot be continued as the pump of cooling liquid will not work. Otherwise cooling liquid will quickly begin to boil, the engine will overheat and will sustain serious damage. Do not risk to move even on small to the course with stops. If you in the car have no spare belt, tow off the car to the parking better.
Fig. 4.28. Installation of a belt of the drive of auxiliary units on a pulley of a natyazhitel: 1 – cooling system pulley; 2 – the pulley of a natyazhitel (is removed); 3 – pulley of a bent shaft
Fig. 4.29. An arrangement of a belt of the drive of auxiliary units at engines 220 D, 290 TD, 300 D: 1 – pump of cooling liquid; 2 – pulley of a natyazhitel; 3 – servo-driver hydraulic pump pulley; 4 – generator of three-phase current; 5 – pulley of a bent shaft; 6 – conditioner compressor
10. Pass a new belt of the drive of auxiliary units via blades of the fan (fig. 4.28, 4.29).
11. Pass a belt through pulleys, observing an order of its installation.
12. On all engines, except CDI: pull a belt. For this purpose by means of the lever delay a spring of a natyazhitel till the moment when it is possible to dress a bolt of a natyazhitel on the lever.
13. Tighten a nut.
14. On engines CDI: for installation of a belt pull a Torx-key a pulley of a natyazhitel.
15. Slowly weaken a pulley till the moment when the belt of the drive of auxiliary units can be put on.
Fig. 4.30. Mutual provision of pulleys: 1 – case; 2 – pulley lever; 3 – pulley; 4 – Torx-screw; And – a marking arrangement zone "In"; In – marking
16. Check the correct landing of a belt in grooves of pulleys (fig. 4.30).