6.2.2. Oil pressure
To guarantee supply of lubricant at any loading of the engine, the corresponding pressure of oil is required. At too cold and very viscous oil there can be too big pressure. In this case the reducing valve opens the roundabout pipeline and directs oil back to the oil pump. The oil cycle in this case remains.
Check of pressure of oil
SEQUENCE OF WORKS
1. Launch the engine and warm up it up to the working temperature (warming up determine by the index of temperature of cooling liquid). Make a trip on the car for a full guarantee. (Auto repair shops check temperature of oil, entering the thermal sensor into the directing tube of the index of level of oil. The regulated temperature – 90 °C).
2. Remove the top part of the air filter.
3. Turn out a stopper and remove it together with a sealing ring.
The stopper at the 4-cylinder engine is located ahead on the right side of the block of cylinders.
4. Screw instead of a stopper the manometer for measurement of pressure of oil, having established a sealing ring.
5. Check oil level, if necessary fill its volume.
6. Launch the engine and leave it to work at the frequency of rotation of a bent shaft corresponding to idling. Oil pressure at the same time has to be not lower than 0,3 bars, otherwise check an oil contour.
7. Stop the engine.
8. Turn out the manometer.
9. Screw a stopper with a sealing ring and tighten its moment 40 N · m.
Addition for the 6-cylinder line engine:
1. The opening stopper for measurement of pressure is located on the right side of the case of an oil filter. Sizes of pressure are specified in tab. 5.2.
Table 5.2. Oil pressure in oil system of the 6-cylinder line engine
Screw a stopper, having established a new sealing ring, and tighten its moment 15 N · m.
Addition for the 6-cylinder V-shaped engine:
1. Remove the fan with the viscous coupling.
2. Remove a fan casing.
3. The opening stopper for measurement of pressure is located under the case of an oil filter. Sizes of pressure are specified in tab. 5.3.
The table 5.3 Oil Pressure in oil system of the 6-cylinder line engine
Screw a stopper, having established a new sealing ring, and tighten its moment 20 N · m.
Control lamp of emergency pressure of oil
The control lamp of pressure of oil lights up first of all at a lack of oil. In this case knots and details of the engine receive not enough lubricant. Usually it happens if the car undergoes turn with high speed at the low level of oil. At the same time the oil pump soaks up air instead of oil. Oil pressure sharply falls that can lead to serious damages of bearings.
As at the required oil level pressure always meets standard, in models of the E-class refused the oil pressure indicator. Inclusion of a control lamp of level of oil — here a signal to which it is always necessary to pay attention.
The control lamp of emergency pressure of oil lit up
1. If after bystry movement along the high-speed route or the mountain road the control lamp of pressure of oil idling blinks, it is a signal that pressure of oil fell because of too high temperature and, as a result, too low viscosity of oil. It is not dangerous if when pressing an accelerator pedal the lamp dies away.
If the control lamp of emergency pressure of oil burns constantly
2. Immediately stop and switch off the engine.
3. Check oil level, if necessary fill its volume.
4. Check whether the control lamp burns again. Anyway it is necessary to find out the reason. Tow off the car on service station. You will be able to avoid serious damages of the engine.