6.2.5. Consumption of engine oil
The consumption of oil is connected with the fact that during the operation of the engine it partially comes to the combustion chamber and there burns down with working mix. Oil can get to the combustion chamber through defective oil scraper caps, worn-out piston rings, too big gap between pistons and mirrors of cylinders or between the directing plug of the valve and its core. Under normal conditions operation of the car the consumption of oil is insignificant. If the engine of your car is serviceable, then it spends about 0,2 l for 1000 km. Oil needs to be added in case its level is on the mark "Nachfull". The amount of the added oil at the same time makes 2 l.
Oil level above the mark "Maximal" as not burned down oil can get to system of release is inadmissible and damage catalytic converter. Surplus of oil should be merged.
Big consumption of oil
Pay attention to the following circumstances:
1. Before controlling an oil consumption, it is necessary to be convinced visually whether there are no oil smudges from the engine.
2. If the level of oil is higher than the maximum mark in the probe, then the oil consumption will always be more as its surplus leaves through system of ventilation of a case.
3. All-weather oil which long time was used in the engine demands a constant doliv.
4. "The sharp manner of driving" raises an expense not only fuels, but also oils, especially at the movement at big speeds.
5. The oil consumption is always more at a running in of the new car (the minimum run – 5000 km).
6. The consumption of oil increases at malfunction of the engine if, for example, saddles of valves worked well together, oil scraper caps hardened, rings, walls of cylinders are incorrectly put or damaged.