Check of the thermostat
In process of warming up of the engine the thermostat opens a big contour of circulation. If it does not occur, the engine overheats. At the same time the radiator remains cold.
SEQUENCE OF WORKS
1. Remove the thermostat, as shown below.
2. Measure the and size (fig. 5.30) of the thermostat.
3. Lower the thermostat in capacity so that it did not concern capacity walls, and slowly heat water (fig. 5.31). At a temperature of +85 °C the bimetallic spring of the thermostat has to begin to be extended. The spring reaches the greatest length at a temperature of +94 °C. As soon as water heats up to opening temperature, the adjusting gate has to begin to open.
4. Bring water to boiling then take out the thermostat and measure the b size. Compare value with initial "and", the difference has to make 8 mm.
5. Check whether the thermostat when cooling is completely closed.
6. Install the thermostat into place.
Removal and installation of the thermostat
SEQUENCE OF WORKS
1. Disconnect a wire from the negative plug of the rechargeable battery.
At the same time the codes entered into memory devices, for example a code of radio are removed.
2. Merge cooling liquid as it is described earlier.
3. Remove a forward top casing of the engine.
Fig. 5.32. Removal of the thermostat: 1 – bolt; 2 – thermostat case cover; 3, 7 – a hose; 4 – thermostat; 5 – sealing ring; 6 – thermostat case
4. Having weakened collars, disconnect hoses of 3 and 7 (fig. 5.32) of the cooling system.
5. Turn off bolts of 1 fastening of a cover of the case of the thermostat and take out the thermostat 4.
Do not take out the thermostat from a cover on 4-tsidindrovy engines and V6 engines, it can be damaged. Its repeated installation is impossible. If the thermostat is faulty, it has to be replaced together with a cover.
6. Before installation of the thermostat clear junctions with laying on the case and the engine.
7. Establish a thermostat case cover with new laying and wrap bolts 1 moment of 10 N · m.
8. Connect hoses of the 3 and 7 cooling system. Pay attention to its correct landing and a reliable inhaling of collars.
9. Fill in cooling liquid.
10. Connect a wire to the negative plug of the rechargeable battery.
11. Warm up the engine up to the working temperature and be convinced that the radiator below heats up.
12. Check tightness of installation of the thermostat and connections of hoses.