7.2.7. Pumping of a hydraulic actuator of coupling
For correct work of coupling it is necessary to watch the level of brake fluid in a compensation tank. At regular falling of level of liquid it is necessary to check tightness of system. All places of connections of hoses and hoses from a tank to the working cylinder have to be tight. Damp dark stains testify to leakages of brake fluid. If coupling is not switched off or the pedal when pressing has no sufficient resistance, so air got to system. In this case it is necessary to make pumping of system of a hydraulic actuator of coupling. On STOA the special device which joins the air union on the working cylinder is for this purpose used. After opening of the union in system of a hydraulic actuator of coupling brake fluid is pumped until all vials of air are not forced out upward, in a compensation tank.
However it is possible to pump over a hydraulic actuator of coupling and independently, via the brake system. Put on a hose the union for removal of air located on a forward support of the disk wheel brake mechanism. The hose has to be transparent and rather long to connect unions for removal of air from the brake system and a coupling hydraulic actuator.
SEQUENCE OF WORKS
1. Lift the car in front and establish its forward part on supports.
2. Remove the lower protection of the engine.
3. Fill in brake fluid in a tank to the mark "MAX".
4. Remove dustproof caps from unions for removal of air on the working cylinder and on a forward support of the disk wheel brake mechanism. Carefully weaken unions for removal of air. Put on a hose the union located on a support of the forward disk brake mechanism.
5. Fill a hose with brake fluid. For this purpose accurately slightly open the union on a support. Slowly squeeze out a brake pedal (the assistant carries out) and hold it in the pressed situation. Close the union for removal of air, release a pedal of a brake. Repeat operation until the hose is not completely filled with brake fluid.
6. Put on other end of a hose closed by a finger the union for removal of air from the working cylinder of a hydraulic actuator of coupling, open both unions.
7. Ask the assistant to squeeze out a brake pedal again, close the union for removal of air on a support and release a brake pedal.
8. Repeat operation until together with brake fluid vials of air do not cease to leave. If necessary fill up the level of brake fluid in a tank.
9. Close unions for removal of air on the working cylinder of coupling and on a support of the disk wheel brake mechanism. Remove a hose and establish dustproof caps.