7.3.3. Check of tightness of the mechanical transmission
SEQUENCE OF WORKS
The following places of leakages of oil from a mechanical box of gear shifting are possible:
1. Place of connection of the transmission to the engine.
2. Place of connection of the driveshaft to a gear shifting box.
3. Stopper of a jellied opening.
4. Stopper of a drain opening.
For identification of leakages of oil from a mechanical box of gear shifting do the following operations:
1. Clear the transmission case means for cold cleaning.
2. Powder places of possible leakages lime or talc.
3. Make a trial trip. That oil became liquid, it is necessary to pass about 30 km on the high-speed route.
4. Install the car on supports and by means of a lamp survey possible places of leakages.
5. In case of identification of a leakage immediately eliminate it.