7.4.3. Check of AKP
The list of possible independent actions for check of working capacity and repair of AKP even for skilled motorists is very limited. The special tool and experience in the field is for this purpose necessary. Therefore even on STOA adjustment and repair of AKP are charged to only well trained staff. Simple recommendations for timely detection of malfunctions are listed below:
Fig. 6.13. At decrease in level of transmission liquid glance under the car. Oil spots on the AKP case will specify the leak reason
1. At any refusals of AKP first of all check the level of transmission liquid (fig. 6.13).
2. During a trial trip check the moments of switchings. For this purpose at the service station there are special tables.
3. The correct control of system of drafts between AKP and an accelerator — an important component of correct work.
4. Measurements of working pressure of the pump, pressure of regulation and modulation — a task for experts. Some values of pressure can be regulated.
5. For right assessment of process of switching idling turns have to meet standard.
Switching process check
During trips pay attention to AKP: whether correctly it works. Process of gear shifting gives an idea of a condition of the unit.
SEQUENCE OF WORKS
Switching to the highest transfers. By partial pressing an accelerator pedal gear shifting happens not really considerably. In the "full gas" mode ("Kick-down") of switching is more noticeable, but all the same transition to an overgear happens smoothly. Short untwisting of the engine to high turns when switching demonstrates possible violation.
Switching to the lowest transfers. Switching to the lowest transfer has to be hardly noticeable at low speeds (the leg is taken away from an accelerator pedal). Breakthrough at compulsory switching down with in whole or in part the pressed accelerator pedal — it is normal. Switching down the selector lever with the released pedal of an accelerator happens to a delay in 1–2 pages. If at compulsory switching down the selector lever at the same time to add "gas", switching will happen without delay.
Check of level of oil in AKP
An inspection is usually carried out after replacement of oil or at suspicion on leakage. The ordered oil level in AKP is very important for its excellent job therefore an inspection should be carried out with special care:
1. At the lowered oil level friction clutches are closed insufficiently densely and slip as the oil hydraulic pump takes air. The foaming happening because of it causes premature wear of details of AKP. Besides, oil decays, becomes resinous, in it the deposit is formed.
2. At the increased level of oil there is an increased contact of oil with transmission details why it overheats. It leads to the same consequences, as at suction of air because of low level.
The opening for filling of transmission liquid is in a motor compartment. Through it by means of the probe also liquid level is checked.
SEQUENCE OF WORKS
1. Tighten the parking brake and transfer the AKP selector lever to situation "P".
2. Launch the engine and let's it work idling 1–2 min.
Fig. 6.14. Check of level of oil in AKP: 1 – the probe for check of level of transmission liquid (is on a back right part of a head of the block of cylinders); 2 – the closing clip
3. Remove the closing clip of 2 (fig. 6.14) over the probe 1, extend the probe and wipe it with not fleecy rag.
4. For measurement of level insert the probe, having turned marking to a back part (then at a probe pulling the indication will not be greased).
5. At a working temperature of AKP (about +80 °C) the level of oil has to be between the marks "MIN" and "MAX".
6. At a temperature of AKP about +25 °C the level of oil has to be not lower than 12 mm from the mark "MIN".
7. Check a condition of oil on color and a smell — both signs allow to judge a condition of AKP.
8. If necessary add gearbox oil. Its quantity should not exceed the put level. Oil volume between two divisions makes 0,3 l. In case of a modulation pump out surplus of oil or merge.
Condition of gearbox oil
1. Pure, red color — the condition of oil is normal.
2. Burned and darkened — burned friction clutches. AKP is subject to replacement, oil pipelines and the oil heater need to be washed out.
3. Existence of firm particles in oil (metal particles) – AKP is subject to replacement.
4. Resinous and sticky oil — AKP often was exposed to an overheat. Dismantle and a partition are necessary